www.adel-wiss.blogspot.com
Living life to the fullest..
Saturday, March 29, 2008 @Saturday, March 29, 2008
HI EVERYONE!!! im back to copenhagen and it is finally spring! the weather was sunny today.. one of the rare times I have ever seen the sun since I have arrived here in end jan:)
Lord, thank you for keeping us safe and healthy throughout the trip.. I am truly grateful for my family.. cell members.. scsistas.. friends.. everyone who has been praying for my safety. When I was travelling around, I would often wonder how can I ever be this lucky to miss the misfortunes told by travellers and the hedious crimes that are rampant in countries like Italy and Spain. Then I realised that it must MUST be the prayers of all my loved ones that I may be unscathed. THANK YOU!
23 days of non-stop travelling.. 4 countries.. 7 cities.. 2 nights at the airport.. 1700 photos.. countless steps taken. I am just contented to be given the opportunity to travel around western europe.. Athough I do have some more places I would like to go (bruges.. prague.. vienna and budapest), I am truly satisfied to return back to singapore even if my these trips did not materialise in the end.
In this trip.. bus no. 11 ( my legs) are the main form of transportation.. followed by metro within the country and planes between most cities and all the countries. Yiling and I can joined walkathon with the miles we walked each day!! My feet was numbed midway during our travel but it gets better along the way. Probably my feet are adapted to the long strenous walking by then;) Buses are not advisable as we do not know when to hop off the bus and our plane tickets are cheaper than most train tickets. However, taking the plane has lost its novelty and is a hassle when going through the strict immigration customs. I had problems in squeezing my liquids all into a 1 litre ziplock bag and almost missed my plane to milan!
My favourite city is definitely rome..!! it is just so pretty beyond description..all the ancient architectures and ruins etc. I loved the fountain of trevi the most! Food in italy is just fantastic. the pasta.. pizza and ice cream! All the photos and captions of each cities will be posted on facebook shortly. I will be blogging soon about the different cities in details too.
FOUNTAIN OF TREVI!




As I travelled, I penned down some of my thoughts in my little notebook. looking back at it just brings back all the memories. When I think of the cities that I have been to, I can remember the feeling of walking on the streets. I am thankful for being so young and full of zest.. to be able to just smell the air.. to admire the architectures- man's creations and the splendour of nature- god's creations. Like what yiling said, photos sometimes does not justify the magnificance and
beauty of the scenery.
I will be resting over the weekends, gearing up for the piles of work.. projects and tests coming my way. During these 2 mths, I will be focused on my studies, catch up with all the financial news and global news, further improved my culinary skills, and most importantly fervently seeking god's words. I will be back to my normal routine.. gonna rest now before blogging in detail on my travels. missed u all dearly!
Labels: back to cph