www.adel-wiss.blogspot.com
Living life to the fullest..
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 @Tuesday, June 03, 2008
whee! exams are finally over:) The feeling of post exams is not as euphoric as I expected.. probably because I am still enjoying myself in the midst of studying and not entirely stressed out over grades. It is now exactly 1 month before returning back. I am feeling rather nostalgic. Just wandering around copenhagen relived certain memories in the past 4 months.
I remembered e 1st few days walking down stroget in the winter.. how yiling and i were hungry and scurrying from one shelter to the next to escape from the strong cold winds. We looked through the bakery windows and exclaimed how could a loaf of bread can cost S$10! We refused to enter into any of the cafes along the streets knowing that the prices quoted would be exhorbitant. I suddenly felt like the little match girl then. With stomachs growling, we past by the famous hotdog stands and decided to settle for a 20 kroner hotdog bread. Although it was a simple meal, we were extremely contented having a piping hot dog in the cold.
Now.. stroget feels like s'pore. Everyone is licking ice cream, wearing shades and melting under the hot sun. I just boast to my mum that I will be fairer when I returned back to s'pore, but I am getting sun burnt and tanner as the days go by.
I will missed all the friends here.. may we forge lasting friendship despite the long distance apart.
This is the black diamond library in copenhagen that is situated next to the river. It is really pretty. One part of the building is constructed with a modern design and state of the art, the other part of the building gives an ancient, victorian feel. It feels like esplanade library- located next to the river with concert halls inside it. Alot of people sat in beach benches just outside the library facing the river to sun bath and read a book around noon time. Yeseul, my black diamond buddy, would join me for lunch to have picnic by the river.

This is another favourite library of mine. It is the library that is very harry porterish. Studying in copenhagen is a real joy.. being able to look up and admire the various architectures when im tired of studying.. taking a stroll outside the library when im bored...& people watching too:)
Soaking up the last few days of copenhagen...
Labels: living in Denmark