www.adel-wiss.blogspot.com
Living life to the fullest..
Saturday, December 27, 2008 @Saturday, December 27, 2008
I know.. i have been too busy catching up with life that I haven't been blogging for months. I have been wondering how my mindset has changed since I left Denmark. Will I still be as stressed and caught up in the rat race of studies and work like all my other peers or can I stand firmly in my believe that life is more than just studies and learn to lead a more contented life? I do feel different in my attitude towards studies last semester. I am no longer the panic stricken .. stressed .. perfectionist that I used to be. Somehow, I seem to be able to embrace my imperfections more now.. I just know that as long as I tried my best, and leave the rest to god, God will really provide:) Somehow, I came into terms that I may not get everything that I prayed for and I should stop treating God like a genie.
Facing failures is a learning experience..
This holidays have been fulfilling. Besides catching up with my friends as my usual vacation activity, I have dedicated an entire week to God. (Church camp: 15-17 dec, Cambodia Church missions trip: 17-21 dec)
Vietnam Business Study trip (30 Nov- 7 Dec)
I guess u would have seen the photos that have been uploaded on facebook. This trip was a student initiative by Val who called some of us to join her committee to organise it. My role was to mass email the entire contact list of texile companies and wait for their reply. I felt so honoured that Fenix textile company actually replied and had their CEO personally flew to Vietnam from HK to give us a presentation. He introduced us to the fashion history and guided us around the factory. The CEO was a sincere and traditional man who believes in respect for others. I hope that one day, when I am successful, I could find time to help the community or the younger generation in one way or other.
This trip, we visited 4 companies- a textile factory, property company, industrial park, brewery. Vietnam is a up and coming market and with a young and growing population, it will be the next China. We visited the Vietnam National University, interacted with the students, and have lotsa fun during dinner and in the pub on our last night in Ho Chi Minh City.
With creativity.. lives will be improved.
We spent 2 days in Muine after our Business trip in HCMC. We walked through the streams, took cable car to see the reclining buddha, climbed up the sand dunes and had a breath taking view of sun set. We were singing and dancing around at the top of the sand dunes. I also had an interesting encounter with a little viet girl who have stolen my slippers while we were busy merry-making. The entire team actually combed the top of the sand dunes before realising that it was taken by the children. I remembered tearing when I saw that the little girl wanted to exchange cash for my slippers. How could such impressionable, young girl be exhorting for money? what has tourism done to these children? I felt really foolish when i refused to believe that my slippers were stolen by the little girl and continue to search the sand dunes, thinking that it might be buried in the sand.. how naive. Nonetheless, my trip to Vietnam was an enriching and fun experience.
Church camp- INFINITY (15-16 December)
This camp was a good time for reflections. What do I want to do in my life? What do I want to do for God? I want to be remembered as a woman of esteem- a person well respected because I am not afraid to try. I hope to be an influential women for God, who is willing to contribute to the future generations and for the extension of His kingdom. I will not be afraid of Failure and will do my best in everything I do to bring Glory to God.
Living life to its fullest..
In this camp, we also talked to the women leaders in church and asked them about their views on relationships. The discussion caused me to ponder whether I could embrace singlehood when it comes to a point where I have to choose between God or a non-christian husband. The idea seems a little scary but I guess I will honour God above it all..
Cambodia Mission trip- I will type on a different post.
Emcee in cousin Tian Cai's wedding

My cousin and his beautiful wife, Xin Rei! So happy for them.. hope they will have a blissful marriage:)

And I am the Emcee!! hahaz.. I am actually proud of this because I have not done Emcee since kindergarten and I did not know if I could handle the situation. But knowing that God will bring me through this, I have graciously accepted the Emcee offer and I never regretted my decision. I had a wonderful experience being the host for the evening. This is my gift to my cousin.
All the girl cousins:) Love them to bits!
Mummy and the TANs(Terence, Adeline, Nataline)
December holidays was well spent. Now it is time to embrace my final semester in School..
Labels: hols