<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/27579644?origin\x3dhttp://adel-wiss.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
www.adel-wiss.blogspot.com
Living life to the fullest..
PROFILE

~Lady ~1987 ~RGPS ~SCGS ~HCJC ~NJC ~NTU (NBS)

LOVES

GOD - FAMILY - SCSISTAS - SY FRENS -

TAGBOARD



AFFILATES

Kare
pris
Ming
Shu jun
fenella
nuria
wanny
vic
patrix
xiangbin
sandra
luyi
li siang
kian fong
debbie
ruo wei
jia yun
audrey


FOREWORD

This blog was initially set up with the intention to improve my writing skills. But now, it is more abt reflecting on my life regularly, knowing that today, God has written a chapter o my life and I wanna live my life to the fullest for him. He is the one that creates every step in my life and I'm in full anticipation at what he will reveal to me slowly. I will be patiently awaiting...=)

CREDITS

Layout: Capturemylove
Image: iamyoursoul
Brushes: deviantart
Monday, January 05, 2009 @Monday, January 05, 2009

Cambodia Mission Trip (17th to 21st December)

I have always felt that I am a young Christian despite being a Christian for close to 7 years and mission trips are for people who has a calling from God. Yet, I took a leap of faith and joined this mission trip. “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength”- Phi 4:13. Now, I know that God is using my hands to spread his unyielding love and mend many broken lives in Cambodia. He can turn every bit of effort that we made to extend the Kingdom of God in Cambodia. Just like the beautiful cross ornament, pieced together by all the broken ceramics (showed to us by the pastor in Cambodia), our efforts will not be futile and broken lives will be mended by Christ.

The Children’s Ministry, in my opinion, was a great success. As the organizer with Michelle and Shu Jun, I think that everything went smoothly as planned. Special thanks to Channie and family and to Elaine, who provided us with all the kindergarten materials. We taught the children simple animal words, did colouring and paper-cutting exercises, lots of running activities and created 4 Christmas trees as the final product. It was a great delight seeing the kids receiving their little gifts of stickers and candy canes with gratitude.

I love to have morning devotions with the entire team. It was indeed enlightening hearing words of wisdom on life from the adults who have already been through life much longer than me. I know that as I graduate this year and stepped into the society, there will be countless temptations and being warriors for God, it is very important to cloth all my friends and myself in prayers. How easy it is to enter the “broad gates of life” and enjoy the luxury that the world promises! I choose to lead my life by the standards of god and would enter only through the “narrow gate of life”. I will run the spiritual race and not the material and worldly race. Do not conform to the pleasures of the world, but be transformed by the renewal of the spirit- Rom 12:2. I will continue to guard my heart and be a living testimony to God’s good and perfect will.

Visiting of the slums and squatter settlements is an eye-opening experience. Poverty is so rampant and real. What touched me greatly was seeing that a Cambodian Christian woman could be contented and testify the goodness of our Lord Jesus even though she is living in a dilapidated state and often suffer from hunger. This is indeed a true and pure heart of a Christian, who can sing praises of worship despite the lack of basic necessity and threat of survival. Another Cambodian mother was willing to abandon her child in the orphanage so that her son would be able to at least receive some decent meals. She is willing to part with her beloved son to ensure his survival- this is the heartache of a Mother. I pray that God will continue to pour blessings on this country. God, Cambodia has been through a lot of hardships and poverty and I pray that you would rise up righteous leaders to run the politics and economy of this country. May this country be blessed with peace and prosperity.

Listening to the pastor’s speech was also inspiring when he told us the reality and hardships of a Missioner. Many times it can be discouraging, when you feel that there are just too many problems faced by Cambodians that you do not know where to start. It is even more discouraging when you are facing a corrupt government. Somehow, when the pastor was speaking, the image of David and the Goliath came to my mind. I choose to believe in miracles and that through God’s strength, all things are possible. Seeing a bunch of Chinese Christians who were caroling in the Chinese eatery place where we were having dumplings for dinner was encouraging too. There are actually a lot of brothers and sisters in Christ doing the word of God in Cambodia- we are NOT alone.

I came to this Cambodia trip expecting to just serve unconditionally for Christ. I will always do my best in what ever small role I played, be it assisting in the medical registration counter, buying of the milk powder and doing the percentage charts for the children. But I realized that I am also on the receiving end for this trip. I have received the love from the people in Prep Tual and was exposed to the lives of some Cambodians. When I looked back at my Cambodia trip, I will always remember the innocent smiles on the children’s faces- how they would run up to me and pester me for a hug, cling on to me like a koala bear and give me a kiss on the cheeks. This is what I will remember of Cambodia- the simple pleasures of life. Although I do not know what God’s plan is for my future, I hope to serve again in another mission trip some time in the near future, for I have discovered the joy of serving. I have once again renewed my faith, refreshed in the spirit of God, and ready to run this race for Him.

Labels: